Monday, July 9, 2007

Working at The Gospel Mission...

Is pretty much amazing. TGM is a soup kitchen/other ministries center for the Dayton Area. I helped out there a week ago Saturday and last Saturday and today I went in for the morning. I wash dishes, mow, weed wack (today), and pick up food donations from a nearby hospital. Reasons it's awesome:

1. They're located about two miles from UD, so it's only a short bike ride to get there.
2. It's an opportunity to aid an important ministry--helping others in the name of Christ.
3. I get to work hard, something that I enjoy doing but only do when I have tasks given to me.
4. I get a free lunch that is usually quite tasty and is always healthy... and did I mention that it's free?
5. I can be blessed and bless others with fellowship with other believers.

When I remember to get my camera out of the clean room I'll take it along and take pictures, so for now my verbal description will have to do.

No comments: