Friday, July 6, 2007

"What's Another Way of putting it?"

So last night I went to a drive-in movie theater. Another new experience for me while here in Dayton. On the way pretty much out of the blue someone in the car asked me a question.

"So are you really into your faith?"
"I guess that's one way of putting it, yeah."
"Well what's another way of putting it?"

I really didn't know how to respond. This is part of the issue that I've been thinking about for a couple years now. What is it that separates me from those who say they believe the same thing but live their lives differently? I stalled for time and we were interrupted so I had a bit more time to think about it. When we got back to the conversation I just gave her the whole deal. In brief, I said that I believe that I'm saved by my belief in Jesus Christ as Savior and in response to God's love towards me, I strive to serve him (In retrospect, I unfortunately left the work of the Holy Spirit completely out).

How would you answer that question?

No comments: