Thursday, June 7, 2007

See Me

I will be spending quite a bit of my time this summer in the clean room here. If you want to see it and what's going on inside live, check out http://homepages.udayton.edu/~sarangam/nanofab/ It's usually pretty boring though (come watch us wait for the turbomolecular pump to depressurize the sputterer!). Okay, so that SOUNDS cool (minus the waiting part), but it does involve a lot of fussing with details (and waiting). We are currently in the process of building a light filter that will transmit 100% of a certain range of Infrared light and reflect 100% at a different wavelength range, or at least the computer model says that it will.

Tonight I attended a local college/young adult Bible study. I was quieter for that study than I have been in any Bible study in I don't know how long :). I guess it was because I wanted to get a feeling for how the group interacted so that I would fit in. It seems that most of the people there had at least an undergrad degree, a few had jobs and others were going for a masters or PhD. There were plenty of engineers present, so that was a nice bonus.

I got the feeling that something wasn't quite right, but nothing that I can describe well. It was a feeling that while we were gathered with the best of intentions and desires to follow Christ, we weren't going about it the right way, or something like that. Whatever it is, I think I've seen it before and will probably see it again. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just that it was different from what I'm used to, I probably need to think about it when I'm not tired.

2 comments:

Wendijoan said...

Could you wear some identifying mark, such as writing Lucy Ricardo on the bottom of your feet, so we know it is you?

Mom

«Pe†er» said...

haha, what's even worse is that I know what you're referring to.