Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jon showed us some bike trails (for better or for worse :)

In the last two days I biked about 55 miles. That isn't far for hardcore bicyclists, but I hadn't ridden my bike much since college started, so my legs are a bit sore today. On Sunday morning I ended up riding quite a ways (13 miles) to get to church. Then that evening Josh, Jon, Jon's roommate and I rode around a bit. Jon showed us a trail that starts about a half-mile from campus and connects to a network of trails that go all different directions. In addition to being a fairly well maintained bike trail, there's some really nice woodsy parts around and much of the path goes along a river, so it's a nice ride. Sunday night I had a blast riding around and talking and stopping at picturesque spots (+14 miles). So yesterday Josh and I decided to go out again to get some exercise. This time we went hard and fast for miles, 27.5 miles in just over two hours. Now in high school once I rode just over 30 miles in one day, but that included a break for lunch and a much slower pace, so I'd call this my most challenging bike trip yet. In July there's a bike trip to raise money for some good cause that I can't remember at the moment that I may participate in. That trip is about 150 miles in two days. So I have a long ways to go if I'm going to get in shape.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Thats pretty sweet. We need to get our bike on next semester.