Thursday, June 7, 2007

Background

So last December I heard that Wei Li, one of the physics professors, was looking for two students to help him on an optoelectronics research project that he was working on. I applied for the job and found out early in the Spring semester that Josh Duran, a classmate and good friend of mine, and I had been selected. It was part time over the semester (about 3 hours a week) and full time over the sumer. Josh mentioned during the semester that we'd like to do some hands-on research in addition to the theoretical stuff we were working on. So Dr. Li arranged for us to spend two months this summer at the University of Dayton, home of a class-100 clean room (which is really good) and an accomplished electro-optics program. WAY MORE than either of us expected, but its looking like it'll be a great learning experience and will be a leg up to get my masters if that's the way I want to go next year. 

No comments: