Thursday, September 27, 2007

Theology is in the Air

For the last three consecutive days we've had friendly neighborhood street preachers outside the students center. It makes things pretty interesting. This afternoon there was a crowd of close to 50 people gathered around one of them. Some were there to mock him; others to justify their faith; others to observe. I hung around for a while to see what gospel was being preached and looking for opportunities to start spiritual conversations. All in all I have a very mixed view on the preachers' presence here, but I do know that whatever gospel they preach, it gives me opportunities to communicate the truth. I also realize that there are MANY MANY people who are interested in spiritual things and I should never relax, "Always be ready to give an answer for the hope that you have."

1 comment:

Blake said...

I've had the same scripture on my mind this week, but it was there before the street preachers got here. Interesting.